Grilled Bartlett Pears
With a beautiful Indian summer and a surplus of fruit, this recipe would be a perfect dessert for fruit lovers.
Total Time: Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: Serves 5 to 6
Source: Super C Shopper's Ad
- 5 Bartlett pears
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Mexican vanilla extract
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Cut pears into thick slices (4 to 5 per pear). Place slices evenly in a large pan or bowl. Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour melted butter over pears. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla to pan and mix until pears are thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Place pears directlly onto hot grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove pears and place in individual dessert bowls. Pour remaining butter mixture into a medium, grill-safe saucepan. Place saucepan on grill and cook, stirring, until boiling. Remove from heat.
- Place 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream over the pears in each bowl. Pour butter sauce over ice cream and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.