Harvesting Mimosa Seed Pods

When can I harvest my chocolate mimosa pods? I figured that if you can shake the pod and hear the seeds rattle it's OK to pick. When opened the pods have seeds of various colors and sizes due to some of them not drying out completely yet. They range from small and almost black and then from brown to green as they get larger. Will these seed's mature while being stored or should I wait on harvesting them until all the seed's are small and black? Thank you.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

How to harvest your chocolate pods:

1. I have one of the coco trees going here in our garden.
  2. When the pods turn brown is the time to harvest them.
  3. You are correct that when you open the pods some of the seeds will be different colors.
  4. Basically, you will need to put these out to dry out and turn brown.
  5. As the seeds dry out in the sun, they will shrink and turn a dark color.
  6. Many people here enjoy eating the seeds when the pods are a dark yellow/orange color. The seeds are also delicious to eat like this.