Have to Warm up Transmission Even in the Summer

I just bought a 1994 Buick Lesabre and everyday I have to warm it up for at least 30 minutes or more in order for my car to drive. If I do not warm it up no matter how much I press the gas the car will not drive. I don't have any extra money; can you please tell me what I need to do?

By Precious M

Best Answer

Verify the fluid level first off. It that's ok it sounds like the tranny is worn out. There are additives you can buy that you put in that may help. I generally don't think these additives are good long term but if the tranny is worn out and needs to be replaced soon anyway I would give it a shot as it may buy you some time.