Haworthia Not Blooming

Category Succulents
This succulent, native to South Africa, is often sold as a houseplant. They produce multiple small flowers on a relatively tall stem. This is a guide about haworthia not blooming.

I've had my haworthia for I think two maybe three years now and this year it decided it would bloom for the first time.

I was really excited to see it flower, but its stalk grew too long and the buds became top heavy. The stalk doesn't seem to be broken, but it's become soft and is sagging straight down. The plant itself is about 3 1/2 inches tall and the stalk is almost 11 bending around the 9 in mark.

So is there a way to fix it by securing it with something without causing damage? or is the bloom probably lost?

Also what do you do with the stalk after it's done? Do you trim it off, how does that work? I can only find topics about people being excited about the bloom.

Answers

You can put a popsicle stick as a stake and tie with a ribbon or elastic band.

It might be time to get a bigger pot

These plants grow very slowly and rarely have to be repotted but you can take cuttings off and start new plants. Your plant looks like the zebra plant and they are very hardy and really require very little care.
As for the bloom, it is time to cut it off but if a bloom shoot starts again, be sure to have something handy to stake it with as it will usually shoot up pretty fast. The stake should be something about the size of a knitting needle (with a point if possible so it will go into ground easily) and at least 3/4 as tall as your shoot was this time.

You can use a soft tie (similar to a pipe cleaner) to wrap around (loosely) the shoot when it starts getting tall.
I really like this family of plants as they stay small and are almost carefree. Here are a couple of links that might give you some suggestions on care - just to make sure your next flower really blooms.

http://homeguid … lants-69103.html

http://homeguid … bloom-69452.html