Healthy Apple Crisp
This is a version of an apple crisp I make where I swap out a lot of the usual thickening agents and sugars with a super ripe banana. The almonds cook down but still retain a bit of a crunch, which I find very comforting. I hope you try this!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 firm apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a baking dish and toss apples with cinnamon and sugar.
- Peel banana and add to the apples, mashing it into the mix.
- Mix in the chopped almonds.
- To make the crumble topping, in a bowl, mix together the sugar, oats and flour thoroughly.
- Cut the butter with a fork into the dry mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes, or until top is brown.
- Cool slightly and serve. I like mine with whipped cream!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!