Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

I have several heat stains on a dining room table. I think the finish on the table is called veneer (it has a shiny look to it). I've tried mayo but that was no help. I saw the suggestion of Olive oil and salt but feel the salt will probably scratch the table. Any suggestions for removing this type stain from this type finish.

Thank you for any suggestions you can give.

Sandra in SC

Answers:

Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

I used tooth paste, when my grandaughter left a wet wash rag on my dresser. I was amazed that is come right off. Some of the varnish came off too, but at least the stain didn't show. Hope this helps.

By burntofferings

Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

Slather on some mayonnaise, then mix in generous amounts of ashes from your fireplace, or even cigarette ashes. It makes a really nasty sort of paste. Rub it in really really well (wear gloves!), then let it set for at least an hour. Then wipe it all off with a soft cloth. You should see a lot of improvement, you may have to reapply a few times to completely remove the mark.

By Becki in Indiana

Heat Stain on Dining Room Table

I had about 5 heat stains on my beautiful rosewood dining table (because we, like idiots, used paper plates one night without place mats) and the mixture of fireplace ashes and mayonnaise, coupled with the blow dryer and vigorous rubbing with a soft cloth seems to have done the trick. If I look really closely, I can tell that one or two of the heat stains used to be there (the two that were the worst), but it's almost totally better. Maybe another application would help. Thank you so much for this very weird advice. My family looked at me like I was a crazy witch doctor!

By Aim007