Help Dealing With Predatory Lender

I need advice about what to do. I'm 49yrs. old, have multiple sclerosis and am recently divorced. My ex of 30 years burned me really badly in the divorce (a $250,000 home on 4 acres of land). I didn't have a lawyer.


I ended up getting very little in the divorce. I am living on Social Security. I thought buying a trailer would be better than having to live with the state having to pay my bills for the rest of my life. I had $10,000 to put down on it, I knew I could have bought a better place but, I left my home running. I am on a fixed income.

They have increased my payments 3 times in the first 3 months. Blaming it on many different things. I did not know until after I signed to buy it, that they had done the whole bait and switch on the papers. There is so much, they have done that I know is not legal! I did talk to a community lawyer, a year ago, but he never has done anything. The home, is a danger to me, making the MS much worse. I have no money to take care of myself at all and no one cares! I have called everyone, no one cares to help. I do not qualify for anything, which stocks me. Please, who can I call who could help me? I am losing my body going through all of this.
Thank you, for any advice!


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

September 26, 20150 found this helpful

The National Association of Consumer Advocates is a national association of attorneys and consumer advocates who represent consumer interests. You can contact them via the first site below. Be ready to discuss your situation when you are able to speak to a representative and have all letters, notices, etc., at hand. The second site below describes Predatory Lending and provides more information that you should read before contacting the association:

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
September 26, 20150 found this helpful

Please check with the local town or county to see if they have an office that can help you with your health and living conditions. Not knowing where you live, it's hard to be specific, but most towns or counties have some office where you can start.


Check with them, or with the public library to see if there are other agencies or organizations in your area that can help. You might be able to find some of this info online; if you have a local phonebook check there too. Good luck!

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Business and Legal LegalSeptember 24, 2015
Pest Control
Back to School Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/08/22 11:35:34 in 628 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!