Home Remedies For Shingles

I recently had shingles on the back side of my leg. I first had a slight headache, felt bad, and my buttocks on that side of my body hurt like my sciatic nerve was acting up. I had to go out of town for a funeral and the day of the service I had two bumps (I thought they were heat bumps) on the back of my leg. The next day I had more.

By the time I returned home and got in to see my dermatologist, it had been 4 days since my first bumps had appeared. I was given a shot and prescribed Valtrex. After taking two tablets of Valtrex I found I couldn't take it because of a bad reaction to it. I felt I had to have something around my house for the itching and pain, and ended up using Chiggerex medicated ointment with aloe vera gel. I couldn't believe how it stopped the pain and dried the blisters up. When I went back to doctor on the following Monday, all the sores were dried up. It works great.

By Marsha from Baton Rouge, LA

Top Comment

Lysine is a good antiviral to take daily all the time.
For relief, make poltices of epsom salts. It dries the blistering.

Those hospitalized with shingles get wet packs of boric solution. A safer use at home is the espom salts. Even with huge attacks of mosquitoes, etc my grandchildren use the poltices. Talked to the doctor and he said he suggests Epsom Salts often for itch relief.

Shingles hurt! I think mine bothered me for about a month and I had a mild case. I'm glad you found something to ease the pain.

L-Lycine is the perfect pain reliever for shingles. It also shortens the time and works great for fever blisters. It can be taken with any other medication.

I hope you are all aware that you can now get a shingles shot. However, they are quite expensive. But I saw my dad suffer with shingles and I didn't want to suffer too so I got my shot.

I've heard shingles are as contagious as chicken pox. Since you didn't know you had them until days after you broke out, we can only hope you didn't accidentally infect others.

I wouldn't know where to find Chiggerex, but I've found Rhuligel a good itch-relief alternative.
Here's hoping you're much better by now!

My husband is having his second shingles outbreak. The first one was a few years ago. He eats horribly, works too many hours in bad conditions (outdoors), and doesn't sleep well. His body is under constant stress. I'm surprised it's taken so long for this second attack to occur.

His doc gave him Valcyclavir (sp?) and I've been trying to get him to take at least 2,000 mgs of L-lysine. He did take the coconut oil as well as rub some onto his face where the outbreak is. He also took about 2,000 mgs of Vit. C.

But he's very inconsistent with these things and won't listen to me as he should. It's very troublesome and stressful for me. If he had told me when he first felt it coming, we could have done more before it got to this point.

So now he's saying he won't go to work Monday and I hope he stays home from church too. The blisters are just starting to form and might be weeping by morning, after the friction all night from his pillow. *sigh*

Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 20, 2010
🎉

Generated 2019-12-26 20:54:25 in 398 msecs. ⛅️️