Home Remedies for Fleas

My roommate and I just recently started having problems with fleas in our house. I saved a stray, injured kitten less than a month ago and only had it in the house for less than a day. We did not know it had fleas. It has not been in the house since and we keep the house quite clean.

I am constantly getting bitten all over my body. I have allergic reactions to each one and that has made it difficult for me. I am worried it will cause health problems. I have bombed the house once and tried to clean every inch, but it seems to not work.

We have mostly wood flooring so there is not much carpet. We are college students so money is kind of an issue. I read once that after a while they go away if there is not any animal in the house. I do not know if that is true though.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do for a reasonable price? I'm desperate!

By Mindy743 from Kansas City, KS

Boric Acid and Diatomaceous Earth Kill Fleas

You probably need to treat your mattress and sofa, etc. I have used boric acid. Sprinkle it on the mattress and cover with a mattress pad. Or, I have heard food grade diatomaceous earth is a non-toxic to humans method. Both are relatively inexpensive.

By merlene smith

📓
🌻
🎂