Kill Fleas Fast

Our pets are like members of the family and we want to protect them. But, it is inevitable that our dog and cats will attract those pesky fleas. Flea collars, sprays, ointments, and pills aren't 100% effective all the time either, so what can we do? Well, there are two items that I have used that kill fleas in one wash! The quickest way is to wash your pet in blue Dawn dish washing liquid. It has a refreshing scent and is very gentle. Murphy's oil soap is also effective in killing and deterring fleas. And as a bonus, it is also good for dry skin! Murphy's makes the fur shinier and the skin softer. With either product, fleas won't stand a chance! I've had a couple vets and pet professionals recommend both products. A little goes a long way. And of course you can verify with your own vet, if your have any reservations.

Source: Local veterinarian recommended use of both products.

Top Comment

Washing will kill fleas but as soon as your pet goes back outside they have fleas again. I always give my dog a bath and put a conditioner on and this seems to smother any fleas that were missed in the wash. Then I put a monthly flea control like Frontline or generic like Advecta to keep them off. This works much better than bathing every couple of days. My dog also gets hair loss from flea bites so from spring to winter I use the generic flea control. It also helps if you spray yard in spring for fleas. No hair loss or scratching, itching and no fleas in the house either.

Top Comment

Well, every dog is different! The Dawn and Murphy's both work well for us at killing current fleas and keeping them off, when used every two weeks. I didn't say to only use these products. I said they kill and deter fleas that pets still get, even while using collars, pills, etc. I've never had a flea infestation in my home either. I also love how smooth and shiny Murphy's makes their skin and fur.

I myself make may did decent things using 100% pure essential oils, not near as bad for the animals as frontline, although an infestation of a new cat brought in scabies and insurmountable fleas I did use frontline. Now I have a jar of corn starch and 100% cedarwood oil oh I love the smell and spike lavendar. I have healed many dogs few with mange you would never tell they ever had it, more info please email me at suzjewels50@gmsil.com. I also put a # of herbs with a big spray bottle that does not harm the plants and keep bugs at bay so they can go out and not bring them in, thanks take care Suzanne

Step 1
Love Dawn dish soap I put a drop or 2 in the bottle for dishes, living in Fl. They abhor eucalyptus!

Also a huge fan of Murphy's oil soap

do you use the 2 products together or by themselves? iI bought both thinking I should mix them together but dont want to do something harmful to my baby girl, so I haven't tried either of them yet.

A lot of people including myself have had great results with tobacco dust, fleas find it irritating,

Eucalyptus is toxic to cats. On humans it's great, I love it!

Hello. Is Dawn safe to use on 3wk old puppies please.

The problem with Dawn is that many versions are now made with ammonia, which would not be good for puppies at all. It isn't as gentle as it used to be and it isn't pH balanced to not damage a dog's eyes.

I would recommend going to the pet store or your vet and get a shampoo that is recommended for puppies. Be sure to treat the mother for fleas and keep the bedding clean. Your vet or the Humane Society may have some other suggestions.

Good luck and be sure to send us a picture of your puppies to our pet contest. We would love to see them, maybe when they are a little bigger.

I would suggest using murphys oil soap being as young as your baby is bc of the conditioning for the baby skin

But don't the pets lick the Murphy's oil off of them won't that make them sick ?

Murphys is all natural

Please don't be fooled by Natural or Organic labels! Arsenic and Asbestos are "organic" and "natural" and can be labeled as such.

That being said, please read labels and investigate ingredients before using on your beloved babies, too may cancers from chemical these days .

I would think you would lather, rinse and repeat like a bath. I didn't read wipe it on and leave it.

But how much do you use?

Pets FleasDecember 11, 2016
🌻
📓
😎
🐛