Home Remedies for Termites

I need to get rid of termites. Does anyone know of any household products that will work? I'm looking for a way to get rid of them without buying the termite treatment in stores.

By Donna

I advise not to go with any home remedies. Your investment in your home is much more important to trust any "home remedy" with. The damage done by termites will cost you more and if you sell your home you will need an inspection done by a professional anyway. Do it right the first time and save money.

Look for an orange cleaning product with D'limonene in It and use it in a spray bottle undiluted.

Is the termites the kind in your furniture or your house?A home/organic remedy is great for if in furniture, antiques etc. orange, citrus spray diluted in water usually works. If not I have used a mixture of baking soda and vinegar (told to me by my grand mother yrs.

ago) I think the acid in vinegar is what does it. I agree with your house don't take the chance, it is too risky. They destroy everything fast. Call in an expert. May need to be tented you can get an inspection free from most good companies.

Is the termites the kind in your furniture or your house? A home/organic remedy is great for if in furniture, antiques etc.orange, citrus spray diluted in water usually works. If not I have used a mixture of baking soda and vinegar (told to me by my grand mother yrs. ago) I think the acid in vinegar is what does it. I agree with your house don't take the chance, it is too risky. They destroy everything fast. Call in an expert. May need to be tented you can get an inspection free from most good companies.

Anonymous

As others have said, this is not something to mess around with yourself. Call a professional. Also, some types of termites live in the ground and will move on to the next structure if they need to.

One of my homes had termites because the house next door had been exterminated but the grounds around their home had not been exterminated. (the neighbors had not told us they had a case of termites until after they saw our exterminators truck in our driveway)

The exterminator we hired not only exterminated inside but also drilled holes and placed the chemicals to kill them all around our home and even the perimeters of our property including drilling holes in the concrete in strategic areas (yes, they plugged the holes with fresh concrete). And, yes, we did see the termites in the ground when the exterimantor showed us where to look for them.

Get a professional! There is no way you can be sure of treating all the affected areas.

The professional will know how. Depending on the infestation it might take a few trips followed with annual checks.

Get a professional! There is no way you can be sure of treating all the affected areas. The professional will know how. Depending on the infestation it might take a few trips followed with annual checks.

DAWN DISH DETERGENT DIG A TRENCH AROUND YOUR HOUSE & FILL WITH DAWN OR TRY DIESEL