Homemade Laundry Detergent

Homemade laundry detergent has saved my family a lot of money. I buy the ingredients about every 6 months. It is very effective on cleaning clothing, linens, delicates, and even a husband's work clothes!

Grate the Zote soap in a food processor until it is very fine. Mix all the other ingredients shown in the boxes and then store in a container near your washing machine. Use 2 tablespoons of the laundry detergent for a large load of laundry, use 2 teaspoons for delicates. The cost of all the ingredients is approximately $33 to $45. It depends on where you purchase your ingredients. I purchase all my ingredients for the laundry detergent at Walmart. Make sure you mix the laundry detergent before each use. I store my laundry detergent in a plastic cereal box with a top and I just turn the container over and shake it a few times before I use it. I discovered the homemade laundry detergent formula from the Duggar family in Arkansas, but I made it to fit my needs and changed the formula.

In order for me to remember the formula for making this laundry detergent, I keep a copy of the photograph stored in my cell phone and I go to the laundry detergent aisle at Walmart and find each item in the picture. To make a 5-gallon container of this laundry detergent you need to buy two boxes or two bars of each item in the picture.

I used the same ingredients. I love making my own soap. My husband just bought a food processor for me at a rummage sale for $2.00..