Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Cut hot dogs in halves, lengthwise, then crosswise. Set aside.
Melt butter in heavy skillet. Add onions, and cook slowly until soft. Add green beans to onions. Stir in soup, milk, salt and marjoram; mix well.
Set over low heat until mixture begins to simmer. Fold in hot dogs; heat until bubbling.
Remove biscuits from package, separate, cut each into fourths. Arrange in a border around skillet, points up. Bake at 375 degrees F until biscuits are browned (see package directions).
Remove from oven, and sprinkle cheese over biscuits. Serve as soon as cheese has melted.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Ready in 50 minutes.
Grease a glass bread dish. Add potatoes (you want 2 layers so divide in half). Sprinkle flour over potatoes. Add broccoli, hot dogs, and half of the cheese. Add last layer of potatoes, then repeat the layers once more. Pour milk over the mixture. Add cheese on top of mixture.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, checking after 20 minutes
Source: My Daily Moment
By LRP from LWL, MA
By Robin from Washington, IA
Brown the hotdog and onion together over medium heat until onions are golden and hot dogs heated through. Mix together hotdog mix with macaroni. Pour can cream soup in casserole dish.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
One thing I used to make a lot was a casserole that had cut up hot dogs, egg noodles and some sort of cheesy sauce. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks in advance for any help!
Not sure if this is it..put it has noodles, dogs and cheese...
* 2 (14 ounce) packages dry macaroni and cheese
* 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
* 1 (16 ounce) package frankfurters, sliced
* 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, prepare macaroni and cheese according to instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.)
2. Stir in the cubed cheese, frankfurters, peas, onion, condensed tomato soup and condensed celery soup. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish, and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
This is from www.recipezaar.com
Hot Dog Casserole
1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni, freshly cooked,drained
1/2 lb hot dogs, sliced into rounds
2 1/4 cups American cheese or Velveeta cheese, shredded
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small onion, very finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
Grease a 2-quart casserole.
Add the freshly cooked and drained macaroni into the casserole along with the sliced hot dogs and just 2 cups of the cheese; mix well.
Combine butter and onion in a medium saucepan and saute over medium heat until the onion is wilted (about 5 minutes).