Hot Vanilla Mix Recipe
Try this creamy alternative to hot chocolate. This is a guide about hot vanilla mix recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Last year, my mom gave me a tin of hot vanilla latte mix from a coffee and tea chain. It was delicious! My husband finished the can in a matter of days. Well, we can't afford such an expensive habit. By chance, I found a similar-type recipe. I have no idea what site (sorry!) and I can't find it. But, I made a couple of changes and it turned out very similar. My husband loves this because he doesn't like chocolate. I gifted some to my mom and she bought all the ingredients to make more. This would make a great gift, tucked into a can with instructions. It really is good!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: About 16 servings
- 1 cup non-dairy creamer (dry)
- 1 cup French vanilla creamer (dry)
- 1 cup dry milk powder
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Put in a plastic container, plastic baggie, or put in containers with instructions and give as gifts.
- To make a hot vanilla drink: Add 1/3 cup of mix to a 12 oz. mug. Add steamed milk or hot water, and stir.
- To make a tea latte: steep tea bag in 8 oz. of hot water. Remove tea bag. Add 1/3 cup of powdered mix and whisk or stir well.
November 24, 20150 found this helpful
Thanks Becky, I can't wait to make this. It sounds wonderful!!!
November 27, 20150 found this helpful
What a great idea. I have never had hot vanilla but it looks like I will be trying it today ;)