How to Make Colorful Hair Tie Vases

Use brightly colored elastic hair ties to decorate glass vases. They create a striped pattern that resembles painted lines on the glass.

With some hot glue, hair ties, and water bottles you can make these pretty vases for mommies. Have an adult help with the glue, or you can use tacky glue and just let it dry.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 3

• aloe vera bottles (or any bottle that is straight up will do) ($.30)
  • 100 small hair ties ($1.00)
  • 15-20 chunky hair ties ($1.00)
  • 1 hot glue gun ($.05)

1. Determine the colors you want to start with and put a chunky band on the bottom about 2/3" up. Then load the tiny ones and put another chunky band on the top of that color. Make sure the metal piece is in the back. I staggered them so they wouldn't bunch up. I didn't think about putting the chunky one as the first and the last of each color till after this shot. Luckily I slipped it up from the bottom and down from the top.
  2. Advertisement

3. If you want to work on these light, leave them empty. If you want to have them steady and stable, pour in some marbles, glass nuggets, or something that will weigh it down. Cap it if you use something like water or anything messy, as they have a tendency to tip over.
  4. I had five colors and only three bottles so I improvised on the third one. You can stop with two, but this one was fun to do. After the two bottles are covered with 4 colors, I did the third bottle with alternate chunky ones and the final color.
  5. When you finish with all the bands, make sure they are all "scrunched" together and hot glue the back. This will secure them. I put the last three chunky ones twice around on the top neck of each bottle. I used some faux flowers from my house. You can use these for oil diffusing sticks as well.
  6. Advertisement

Crafts Crafts For KidsJune 5, 2019
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-Colorful-Hair-Tie-Vases.html