How to Make Folded Paper Stars in a Jar
May 17, 2017
Crafting is really fun especially when you make amazing things using simple materials that can just be found around the house.
Jars are pretty useful not only as containers, but also, with making decorations. This project can also be made as party giveaways.
- glass jar
- construction/art paper (in assorted color)
- tulle or lace cloth
- Cut different colors of art paper into 1 cm strips.
- Get one strip and carefully tie the tip into a knot. Do not distort or crumple the shape of the paper.
- Gently pull the tip to slightly tighten, but do not press the knot. Make sure not to leave a space in between the 5 corners of the knot.
- Cut the small excess of the tip.
- Start wrapping around the rest of the strip onto the knot. Let the paper lead you to its most comfortable direction.
- Insert the last roll into the nearest pocket and cut excess paper. It should form a pentagon.
- Hold the tiny pentagon with your fingers. Carefully press its 5 sides and slightly pinch the corners.
- It will pop out nicely into a 3D star.
- Make as many as you can to fill the jar.
- Fill jar with your 3D stars.
- Cover jar with a piece of fancy cloth and seal with ribbons. Decorate as much as you want.
- Project done!
May 21, 20170 found this helpful
Those are adorable and they look fun to make!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.