How to Make Mini Floral Wire Pumpkins
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
August 17, 2017
This a cute and cheap pumpkin craft especially for the autumn months. You can get a package of floral wire for 99 cents and make a pumpkin or two from one spool. Enjoy!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 to 4 wire pumpkins
- 2 packages of 6ft 1.8m floral wire
- wooden spoon or anything cylindrical
- wire cutters (optional)
- Remove the floral wire from the packaging, but do not discard the twist ties.
- Unravel the floral wire.
- Start wrapping the floral wire firmly around the circular handle of the wooden spoon (or whatever cylinder you're using). Keep going until you've wrapped the whole thing.
- Gently pull the wire off from the cylinder as not to let it lose its spring shape.
- If you'd like to make 2 mini pumpkins from one piece of wire, use wire cutters to snip the coil in half.
- Gently mold the spring so it's donut shaped, getting the two ends to meet.
- Pull a "stem" out from the end of one side of the wire and wrap with one of the twist ties.
- To make a bigger pumpkin, use a cylinder with a larger radius. I used a cardboard tube from the inside of a roll of wrapping paper.
- For a bigger pumpkin, use two twist ties for the stem.
- Enjoy your handmade sculptures!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.