How to Make a Bamboo Trellis
You can make an inexpensive and attractive trellis for your garden from bamboo. This is a page about how to make a bamboo trellis.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
One of the most inexpensive trellises to make!
- 2 bamboo poles
- 1 bamboo (accordion-style lattice fence panel
- zip ties (I used white)
- jute twine (or yarn if you want color)
- sharp scissors
- tape measure
- paint or sealant (optional)
- Decide how wide you want the trellis to be. Stretch the fencing until it is the desired width, then measure the height of the expandable fencing. Put the poles into the ground at the desired width, putting them at a distance that allows for the fencing to extend past the poles so that you can attach it to the poles. NOTE: We placed the poles on top of the ground and stretched out the expandable fencing to figure out how far apart the poles should be.
- Once the poles are in the ground, zip tie the two top corners, then the two bottom ones to keep the trellis in place. Zip tie the trellis to the poles every five to ten inches. Go down both sides securing the expandable fencing all the way down to the ground, with the excess parts of the ties in the back so that they don't show. Once it is secure, cut the excess off of each zip tie.
- Cover the zip ties with the jute twine. Then plant your climbing plants in front of the trellis. If the trellis is going to hold a lot of weight you may want to place the zip ties closer together.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.