Simple Pole Bean Trellis

Category Vegetables
Using purchased 2x2 pieces of wood or left over wood scraps and twine you can make a simple pole bean trellis for your garden. This is a guide about constructing a simple pole bean trellis.

Our kids planted pole beans this year and we needed a simple trellis for the beans to grow on. My husband found some pieces of 2x2 wood, leftover from another project, and cut 3 pieces to the same length. He sunk them into the soil in a triangle formation around where the plants were growing. Then he wrapped thin rope around the wood for the vines to climb on. It has worked really well.

Top Comment

This is much more attractive than any of my husband's bean trellis solutions. I'll suggest he do it this way next year for sure.

I want to make an easy trellis for pole beans. Does anyone have any ideas on how to do that? Also, I need to make supports for zucchini squash. I have heard that you can use tomato cages for this. Will this work? What are some cold weather crops I can plant now that will be able to harvest early.

I live in southeastern Michigan. I am planning on planting, radishes, carrots, and lettuce, but I have another good spot that gets lots of sun on the south side of the house and would like to plant another cold crop in that spot. Is there one that will work in that area?

Answers

Best Answer

Use an old ladder