How to Make a Bridal Shower Towel Cake Centerpiece
This lovely centerpiece or gift is made with towels, a bottle of wine, ribbon, and fresh or faux flowers. Learn how to make a bridal shower towel cake centerpiece
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I saw the cutest idea at a craft show and decided to duplicate it here for an upcoming shower. Make a wedding cake from towels, wine, ribbon, and flowers. You can color coordinate it to the wedding colors in you'd like too!
Total Time: minutes
- 1 large bath towel
- 1 hand towel
- 2 rubber bands
- a tray (this was a plastic store special) ($1)
- some silk or even real flowers
- a bottle of your (or their) favorite drink
- a long string of beads (these were a flea market find of Christmas beads!"
- a few straight pins to secure the ribbon to the wrapped towels
- Fold the hand towel into thirds, roll, and secure with a rubber band in the middle.
- Fold the large towel into fourths, roll, and secure with a rubber band in the middle.
- Wrap each towel with a pretty ribbon and pin it onto the towel with a pushpin (or stitch if you are so inclined).
- Place the large towel onto your tray and circle it with your beads. Experiment and wrap it as much or as little as you'd like! Tuck the ends under.
- Place your bottle down the center of the both towels and repeat wrapping the beads around the second tier. I removed the top towel to show you the bottle..for a neat presentation, wrap the beads after placing the top towel on the 'cake'.
- Finish by arranging your flowers and ribbon spirals at the very top.
June 6, 20170 found this helpful
This is very nice. :)
June 7, 20170 found this helpful
Wow, its very nice idea!