How to Make a Felt One Eyed Monster Badge
Felt is a very easy material to work with even for younger children. This cute badge is a craft project that they can help make or do on their own. This is a guide about how to make a felt one eyed monster badge.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Young kids (but not too young because there's a sharp pin involved) will love helping you make this cute one eyed monster brooch for themselves.
- green felt
- red felt
- all purpose glue
- 1 large wiggle eye
- 1 pipe cleaner
- 1 marker pen
- tiny amount of stuffing or kapok (fiber obtained from the fruit of the kapok tree)
- 2 small purchased or home made pompoms
- something round for circle template
- Use your marker pen and circular object to mark and cut out 2 identical discs of green felt.
- Cut your pipe cleaner in half, then cut one of those halves in half again.
- Glue the 2 short pieces in place for the arms.
- Bend the long piece in half and glue in place for the legs.
- Apply glue all around the edge then place a tiny amount of stuffing in the centre.
- Place the second piece on top and pinch all around the edge to secure it in place.
- Use glue to stick the wiggle eye in place.
- Use your circular object to guide you in marking and cutting out a mouth using red felt.
- Stick the mouth in place using glue.
- Use a generous amount of glue to stick the pin to the back.
- Cut out and glue a little felt disc over the pin.
- Add pompom feet.
- Curl the ends of the arms to make hands and your badge is ready to wear once the glue has dried.
- Everyone who sees it will smile.