How to Make a Geometric Heart Card
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
September 15, 2018
Here is another idea how you can recycle/reuse magazines. You can create your own greeting card, and leave the inside of the card blank. This is a thoughtful handmade card that is perfect as a thank you card, for teacher appreciation week, just a hello, happy birthday, it essentially can be used for any occasion!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- glue stick
- scrapbook paper
- I cut my white paper to measure 8.5" x 5.5" and then I folded it in half to create a landscape style card.
- For the focal point of the card, I wanted a geometric heart, where the heart is edgy. I used a heart paper punch then went along the edges with scissors to create straight lines.
- Cut random shapes, sizes, colors, and (you can do patterns too if you'd like) from magazines.
- The heart will be in the center of the card and puzzle together your masterpiece with the cut out triangle shapes, then glue down.
- Optional - As you get to more complex areas, I found it easier to use a traceable piece of paper and create a template to cut the piece out.
- Repeat until you filled the entire white area. You can leave the heart glued down or not (without makes you visualize what the master piece should be, but I liked the heart glued down so that is the option I went with.)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.