How to Make a Geometric Heart Card

Category Cards
Beginning with a typical heart shape, trim the shape down squaring off the top lobes. Then play with scraps of paper to layout a geometric mosaic to fill the face of the card. This card can be used for any occasion depending on the inside message.

Here is another idea how you can recycle/reuse magazines. You can create your own greeting card, and leave the inside of the card blank. This is a thoughtful handmade card that is perfect as a thank you card, for teacher appreciation week, just a hello, happy birthday, it essentially can be used for any occasion!

Total Time: 30 minutes

• scissors
  • magazines
  • ruler
  • glue stick
  • scrapbook paper
  • pen

1. I cut my white paper to measure 8.5" x 5.5" and then I folded it in half to create a landscape style card.
  2. Advertisement

3. For the focal point of the card, I wanted a geometric heart, where the heart is edgy. I used a heart paper punch then went along the edges with scissors to create straight lines.
  4. Cut random shapes, sizes, colors, and (you can do patterns too if you'd like) from magazines.
  5. The heart will be in the center of the card and puzzle together your masterpiece with the cut out triangle shapes, then glue down.
  6. Advertisement

7. Optional - As you get to more complex areas, I found it easier to use a traceable piece of paper and create a template to cut the piece out.
  8. Repeat until you filled the entire white area. You can leave the heart glued down or not (without makes you visualize what the master piece should be, but I liked the heart glued down so that is the option I went with.)

Crafts Paper CardsMarch 4, 2020
😎
🌻
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-to-Make-a-Geometric-Heart-Card.html