December 16, 2020
A combination of two favorite comfort foods from two different ethnicities; Holland and Ireland.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 pkg. smoked sausage, cut into three or four chunks (to fit into pot)
- 8 to 10 potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 package frozen green peas and carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 head shredded cabbage
- salt and pepper
- 1 cube butter
- Place potatoes and sausage in a pot of boiling water. Adding the sausage to the potatoes will give the potatoes good flavor. When the potatoes are close to getting soft, add the frozen peas and carrots. When the vegetables are tender, remove the meat and slice into quarter sized pieces.
- In a frying pan, add 4 tablespoons of butter and saute onions and cabbage together until tender.
- Drain the potatoes, peas, and carrots. Add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and mash. This will take a little longer than mashing potatoes for mashed potatoes because of the peas and carrots. Add enough milk to make it the desired consistency. You may also need to add more butter. When the sauteed vegetables are done, add them to the potato mixture along with the sausage slices. Stir. and serve.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.