AdviceTeen

Is 13 Too Young to Have a Boyfriend?

So I'm in love with this guy and I think he likes me too. He's one year older than me. And I really wanna be with him, but am I too young?

Please help.

I believe that people can fall in love very young. I also believe that they should date others to be sure. If he is the right person, he will continue to be in the future

one words no.

When I was 13, I called it infatuation. It is hard to determine 'love' at 13. You can like someone, and be head over heels but there is still so much in life to learn, enjoy, experience.

If your parents are ok with you dating, then have fun, be safe, and follow your family's rules to a t because that is a sign your are respecting the responsibility of dating.

It's been many, many years since I was 13, but I remember group events and pairing off with a crush. The thing wascwr enjoyed group events with bunches of us going skating or to the amusement park, etc.

All the years later, I am still friends with someone of those boys and their wives. I didn't marry any of them, but created lifelong friends! That said, I have friends who met their hubby at your age or younger and married in their 20s and have been married all these years. If it is meant to be it will be. The choice is in G-d's hands, not yours. Just enjoy being your age!!!

Love is never too early or too late in any ones life. Does this guy pay attention to you, does he favor you over other girls, does he return your feelings. If the answer is yes then by all means show how much you like him and with your parents permission hang out together and enjoy each others company.

Books before boyfriends because boyfriends bring babies!

I have to agree with the infatuation at 13! I know that's what was the case for me. I think the first time I fell in love I was a full on adult :D But if it's okay with your parents, you can have a boyfriend.

If you live under their house at 13, their rules :) Respect them. You'll look back on it one day and be happy you did. Good luck!