Keeping Bugs From Coming In Though Windows

Right now our AC is torn up and we are having to sleep with our bedroom windows open and fans in them. But when I go to lay down I have bugs flying all over bugging the life outta me. If that's not bad enough they're in, on, and under my cover annoying me. What can I do to keep them outside and out of my bed? I really need help. I need a great home remedy and something other than saying close the window.

By Lisa M

Mosquito netting arranged like a tent over your bed, surrounding you. Maybe hang it from hooks on the ceiling.

Do you not have screens in your windows? If not, that is the answer to your problem.

Hi - I did have a similar problem many years ago and the only solution I found was to find some gauze like material and cover the fan (all openings) on the inside or the outside.

Mine covered the outside from bottom to top over the ac and attached to the window and window sill. I used tape to secure the material but some types of tape are very difficult to remove after they have been applied for a period of time. Material will have to be checked often and replaced when "dirty" with bugs.

This will give you a little less ac air but it did solve the insect problem.

Gauze cannot be too thick as no air can be pulled through by your ac and that might burn up the AC. This worked better than some plastic screen material.

Bugs will continue to come in through the ac unit if some type of cover is not present to stop them. It does not matter if the ac is on or off.

I did read where someone solved this problem by covering the complete outside of the window and ac with this type of material. May be overkill but?

Your local Lowe's or Home-depot may have some suggestions or try Goggling your question as you are not the only one with this type of problem.