Keeping Insects Off Your Fruit Trees

Category Fruit Trees
Pests can devastate a fruit tree, affecting the harvest and even the life of the tree itself. This is a guide about keeping insects off your fruit trees.

Here's a tip to keep insects out of your fruit trees: Take a gallon milk or water jug and fill it half full of water. Place a banana skin and l cup of sugar inside and mix. Hang this on your fruit tree. The insects will go into it instead of the fruit. Do this before the blossoms come.

By Jean from Schenectady, NY

I hate using pesticides. I'm going to try to remember to do this. Thanks!

By Kathy (Guest Post)

Does this really work? Have you tried it? Is this to make sure you don't get "wormy" apples? The reason I am asking is because I am so tired of wormy apples, even after spraying, that I was considering cutting the tree down. Please respond!