Keeping Recipes Handy

I don't like using my favorite cookbooks in the kitchen. They get messy and don't last as long. I also don't like having to look for them when I need them. To solve this problem, I made up a list of recipes that I make often, then I bought 2 of the wire-bound index card pads. I didn't put the entire recipe in the pad most of the time. I put in whatever I needed to be reminded of when I make the recipe, such as an ingredient list, oven temperatures, and cooking or baking times. This allowed me to keep each recipe confined to one card.

When I was done, I used one peel and stick magnet on the back cover of each pad (the kind that are used to make business cards into magnets, you can buy them at Wal-Mart). I put them on the front of my refrigerator. I also bought two clips with magnets on the backs that I put above the pads. They hold the pads open to whatever recipe I am making, so I can refer to it hands free and without taking up precious counter space.

I now have an easy to access "cheat sheet" for all my favorite recipes.

By Denise

2 More Solutions

I seal cherished recipes in clear contact paper, and then scotch tape to the inside of my kitchen cabinate doors. They're preserved, and handy when I need to check an amount or a procedure.

I keep my favorite, often-used recipes inside the cabinet doors above my kitchen counter. No more fumbling with pages in a cookbook with cookie dough on my fingers or books taking up space on my counter.

Recipes tucked inside cabinet door.

Food and Recipes Recipes OrganizationAugust 9, 2012
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Recipes-Handy.html