Freezer and FridgeOrganizing

Keeping Your Refrigerator Clean and Organized

contest winner icon
I use plastic placemats to line the top shelf of my refrigerator. I cut up the old placemats to fit the top shelf and it really helps when it comes time to clean. Milk jugs usually make the most mess in my refrigerator and this way I just pick up the placemat and clean it off and do not have all the hard milk stains to clean up. I put one placemat on each side of the top shelf.

The other item I use to help keep the fridge clean and organized is one of the plastic sock holders you can purchase in stores like Walmart. This holds my condiments either on the shelf or in the side drawer. This way if something like soy sauce drips, it is inside this plastic holder and not on my fridge. I use several of these in the door of my fridge.

This also helps when you are cleaning as you can lift out the entire container for cleaning. You can see the blue placemat under the milk, and there is one of the sock holders with condiments in it.

A wonderful idea!

I also think this is a great idea. I've been using this idea many years and originally started with laying aluminum foil on the shelves.