FriendshipBetter Living

Keeping in Touch with Friends When Changing Schools

I go to school with my best friends right now, but next year I want to go to a different school for junior high. I will miss my friends very much, but I think going to the other school is better for me if I want to be a better basketball player. I don't want to drift away from my friends, but I don't know what to do when I go to the next school.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

You are lucky that you live in the age of technology. You can text and Face-time on school days. Keep the friendship alive by seeing them in person on the weekends and vacations. I kept a friendship alive for 50 years without technology. The less time you spend communicating with these friends, the more likely it is that you will grow apart.

Best Answer

Your selection of education is important, and while you and your friends may be at different schools - you all can still remain friends. You can keep in touch after school, weekends, visit each other - just because you're at different schools does not mean you are far away right?

And like mentioned now a days with technology, there is FaceTime, video call, and social media too! If both of your schedules are busy, meet up once or twice a month and hang out - catch a movie, bite to eat and catch up!

Judy is absolutely right, Kayla. Keeping friends requires effort.