Ketchup and Soda Marinade and Glaze Recipe

I'm always looking for ways to use up my fridge staples in my meals on those days where I don't have time or funds to go shopping. Now I'm thrilled to have come up with one that uses leftover flat soda because we always seem to have some. Try this marinade and glaze with your favourite meats and vegetables. I think you'll like it!

• 1/2 a large onion
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 1/2 cup dark soda like Coke or Dr. Pepper
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 Tbsp mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper

1. Dice onion and garlic very finely. Add all the ingredients and HALF of the soda to a bowl and mix well.
  2. Poke holes or cut slivers into whatever meat or vegetable you're using with the sauce (I used chicken).
  3. Pour 2/3 of the prepared marinade onto the meat and let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours, or up to overnight.
  4. To turn the remaining unused marinade into a glaze, pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
  5. Add the rest of the soda to the glaze, bring to a boil, reduce and simmer for a few minutes.
  6. Glaze will darken in colour and thicken up when it's ready.
  7. Remove meat from marinade and cook on high heat.
  8. Flip and cook the other side until done.
  9. Transfer meat to a plate and drizzle with glaze.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesDecember 5, 2018
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ketchup-and-Soda-Pop-MarinadeGlaze.html