Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

My son just spilled red Koolaid on our carpeting and I need help removing it. Any suggestions?

Kelli from Duluth, GA

Answers:

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I just spilled a red berry wine cooler on a carpet that is an antique white color. I read all of the posts here. The stain was 5+ hours old, as the cat had jumped on the table during the night bumping the half full glass of the table. Anyway, I used two methods. It took over two hours.

I used the boiling water method and alternated it with the dawn liquid method.
I poured the boiling water as instructed in the posts and used a Bissell home carpet/upholstery vac to vacuum it up. Then I'd put the dawn/water mixture (two shot glasses dawn to 3 cups water) and let it soak and blot. Then more boiling water and vacuum water and then more dawn and so forth for one hour, the stain is almost indistinguishable now.

By Ann

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

Iron w/damp towel and kool-aid really does work.....it's actually surprising!

By Stephanie O....Carlton Minnesota

Koolaid Stain out of Carpet

I worked somewhat, it is time consuming, but it works.

By Kelli.