Lipstick Stain on Carpet

My 4 year old daughter smeared Clinique lipstick on wool Berber carpet. Since I don't have lighter fluid, what would anyone recommend?

Kate from USA

Answers:

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

YEP, It worked! My 6 year old spilled burgundy lipstick on our NEW carpet (and then she tried to clean it up by rubbing it). The Goo Gone worked great. It needs time to soak in, and LOTS of paper towels to pull out the dye in the lipstick, but it worked. Not too bad!

Goo Gone is also great for removing wallpaper trim as well!
Thanks for the tip! (04/09/2007)

By Lisa

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

Goo gone worked for me, too. I followed it up with a steam cleaner, just to get the goo gone out. Thank goodness it worked! We've got light carpeting and the magenta stains totally didn't go with our decor. ;) (05/02/2008)

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

Goo gone also worked for me. My 3 year-old made a mess in our light tan carpet. I sprayed the product directly on the stain, blotted dry and repeated until the stain was almost gone. Then I used dish soap and water (following directions in the bottle). Since the lipstick was really creamy and VERY RED the stain left a pinkish residue.(06/01/2008)

By Gabbita

Lipstick Stain on Carpet

WD 40 removes lipstick well also. It also removes chewing gum in carpet. I own 105 rental properties, and we use it all the time. (08/12/2008)

By Bill in Georgia

🐛
🌻
😎
📓