Removing Lipstick Stains on Clothing

Lipstick leaves an oily waxy stain on clothing that can be difficult to remove. This is a page about removing lipstick stains on clothing.

If you get a lipstick stain on your clothing, try pretreating it with cold cream or shortening. Then rub a little grease fighting dish detergent into it and launder as usual.

If Mom has makeup, even only for rare occasions, the lipstick will one day become the lip, face or clothing smear (of course only on the children's best clothing, not the play clothes which could go easily in the rag bin). It may also become a stain on the most obvious spot in the whole house, in the middle of the living room carpeting.

Lipstick On Carpet: Take a small amount of Skin so Soft and a soft rag and gently work it into the rug, gently not rubbing it deeper into the fibers, this can be dabbed until little is left and a good spot cleaner can remove the residue left behind.

Lipstick On Face: For the beautiful faces of lipstick, a soft wash cloth and skin so soft will do the trick without the tale tale clown look left for days.

Lipstick On Clothing: Spray or pour a small amount on the clothing, dab lightly rub, and launder the former reminder for years away and no one will no the lipstick culprit had struck again.

By Shelley

I washed and dried a load of laundry and after it dried I discovered that I had left a lipstick and a pen in a pocket. Also, one baby sheet has a blood stain.

Is there anything that I can try to remove the stains; they are mostly baby items.

Answers

My college daughter did the same thing. We made a paste with oxyclean and dawn. Then we used an old toothbrush and scrubbed...It did come out.

Soak the items in a 5 gallon bucket filled with hot water. Add 2 tablespoons each of hydrogen peroxide and powdered dishwasher detergent. Then wash as usual.

How do I remove a lipstick stain from my clothes? It was in my kid's pocket and transferred in the dryer to everything! Please advise.

By Sara M.

Answers

I would say try to boil water when its boiling pour it into basin and mix with tide powder and then put your stain clothe maybe the lipstick will come off from your clothe..Sometime my aunt do this way and it was working for her.

I dropped a lipstick on a white shirt and now I have a huge mark. How can I clean it off? I haven't done anything with it yet.

By Colleen M

Answers

I've removed lipstick (and other oil and wax based) stains from my cotton and cotton blend dress shirts by doing the following. Will it work on other materials or your stains I can't say.

What you need:
Good old fashion Rubbing (Isopropyl) Alcohol
Liquid Dish Soap (amazing Dawn works well)
A clean cloth or two (face cloths works well)
How:
Wet a section of the cloth with alcohol
Blot stain with wet section of cloth. Keep blotting using clean wet cloth sections until stain lifts (large stain do in sections)
Next blot the area with some liquid dish soap and
Launder.
Keep in mind
Read the care tag on the shirt (Dry Clean Only - take to your Dry Cleaner)
Never Rub - Blot Only
Longer the stain has been - the harder to remove
If the shirt and stain has been laundered it may be too late
Never use hot water or heat dry the stain.
If all else fails, and as a last resort you may want to (and as crazy as this sounds) replace the Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol with "WD-40".

Anonymous

Used the WD40 for lipstick that busted on clothes in dryer and worked beautifully!!!!

I got lipstick on my white jacket how to get it out?

And the WD-40 didn't leave a residue on the fabric? I have a black cotton/poly blend top and a pair of blue jeans that just took a hot tumble with a nude pink tube of lipstick and its a hot mess.

:)

My daughter's first communion was yesterday and someone got lipstick on the front of her dress when giving her a hug. The dress says it's 100% polyester and can be washed in cold. She has to wear it again soon for pictures. How do I get the stain out?

By Marilyn Shelton from St. Charles, MO

Answers

There is a great product called "Kiss Out" stain remover. It's in a stick and made especially for lipstick and oil/grease based stains. I'd try Dawn dish liquid first, but then get the Kiss Out

Pre treat stain; dawn is good as are other products like shout. If you can get the stain out, and dry in the sun. It will act as a natural bleaching agent without damaging the dress.

I've had great luck using hair spray. Just saturate the area, leave on for a couple minutes, then rinse.

Repeat as necessary. It works on ink too.

I got red lipstick on a white silk dress, how can I get the lipstick off?

By furch from CA

Answers

I have heard that WD-40 will remove lipstick stains but I am not sure if this will work on silk but you could try a tester patch.
Put a spot of WD-40 on your blouse in an inconspicuous place (under the arm for example) and then wash as you would normally. If there is no sign or residue of it then you could try it.
Saturate the lipstick stain with WD-40 and then rewash. It should come out perfectly.

Good luck,
Monique :)

Victoria's Secret sells a product specifically for lipstick and other oils on lingerie. I think it was $10 but a little goes a long way and it really does work.
Sandy

I have white jeans stained with lipstick in the dryer. How do I treat the stain?

By Vivian

Answers

Try adding warm water with detergent and see if that helps.

How do you get lipstick out of a white, gauzy nylon blouse?

By Cindy

Answers

I watched a gal use plain white toothpaste to remove lipstick from a synthetic dress.

How do I wash lipstick out of a full load of clothes that got lipstick all over them from the dryer. They are formals and dress clothes and made from a variety of fabrics.

By Tamaria from Tacoma

Answers

You have to consult the dry cleaners on this if you don't want to screw it up. My granddaughter just did this to my clothes and dryer. A scented and dyed lip gloss. I had to use Amway Trizyme, Amway SA8 in the washer on hot water to remove it.

How do you remove lipstick stains from clothing?

By Ronie

This is a page about removing lipstick stains on leather. Using the correct method and cleaners makes removing lipstick from leather an easier job than expected.

Opened tube of Red Lipstick on black leather surface

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How can I remove lipstick stains from clothing?

Answers:

Lipstick Stains

To remove lipstick stains from laundry, rub with petroleum jelly.

By Brenda Cole

Soaking

The best thing I have ever found to remove lipstick (after having washed and dried lipstick in pants pockets--twice) is to soak the stained clothes in a washer full of water with 1 cup powdered dishwasher detergent and 1 cup color-safe bleach. Don't know why it works, but it does!

Post by Camilla North

Removing Lipstick and Other Oil Stains From Clothing

To remove lipstick, oil or oil based products - squirt a little Ronson's lighter fluid. That will break down the oil. Then a little soap to break down the lighter fluid. Works on everthing but silk.

I would like information on cleaning lipstick out of cotton clothing.

By Kathy from Denver

How do I remove melted lipstick stains from my laundry?

By cyndy from Denver

Answers:

Lipstick Stains on Clothing

Thank you, stain removal experts! I washed and dried a bright pink lipstick in a load of dark clothes and the results were devastating (to my wardrobe and my psyche). I pre-treated each smear with liquid dishwashing soap (bargain Dawn), and then soaked them in the recommended mixture of 1 cup each powdered dishwater and laundry soap (Cascade and Tide). I ran the clothes through twice, soaking each load for 2-3 hours before each wash cycle, and every single piece of my laundry is now lipstick-stain-free. Unbelievable! Many, many thanks for the great suggestions! (09/13/2010)

By Shelley

How do I get lipstick out of clothing?

Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 14, 2012
📓
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Lipstick-Stains-on-Clothing.html