Lipstick on Polyester

My daughter's first communion was yesterday and someone got lipstick on the front of her dress when giving her a hug. The dress says it's 100% polyester and can be washed in cold. She has to wear it again soon for pictures. How do I get the stain out?

By Marilyn Shelton from St. Charles, MO

There is a great product called "Kiss Out" stain remover. It's in a stick and made especially for lipstick and oil/grease based stains. I'd try Dawn dish liquid first, but then get the Kiss Out

Pre treat stain; dawn is good as are other products like shout. If you can get the stain out, and dry in the sun. It will act as a natural bleaching agent without damaging the dress.

I've had great luck using hair spray. Just saturate the area, leave on for a couple minutes, then rinse. Repeat as necessary. It works on ink too.

I would like information on cleaning white polyester fabric with lipstick stains.

By Susan Smith from Oxford, MS

Answers:

Lipstick on Polyester

Soak the garment in Oxi-clean and hot water for however long it takes, it does work. (02/26/2010)

By jj

How do I remove lipstick from polyester mix winter coats?

Kathy from GA

Answers:

Lipstick on Polyester

Take a damp cloth and put a squirt of dishsoap on it and just rub it till it's off. I've gotten my lipstick off of all kinds of clothes that way. (Lily said with a big red lipped smile.) (03/01/2007)

By Lily

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 20, 2010
🌻
📓
😎
🐛