Low Sudsing Laundry Detergent Recipe

Anyone know of a recipe for laundry detergent for the new front loading washers. They call for HE formulas (low sudser and high efficiency).

Thanks,

Cathy

Answers:

Low Sudsing Laundry Detergent Recipe

I was told by an appliance repair man that using 1/2 the amount of REGULAR laundry soap will work. We used to have a front load washer and that is what we did. It seemed to work fine. A Lot Cheaper as well. (05/29/2006)

By reva

Low Sudsing Laundry Detergent Recipe

I make my own washing powder. It does not make suds like commercial washing powder does but it cleans well. Use 1 c. grated bath soap, 1/2 c. Borax,
1/2 c. Arm and Hammer Washing Soda. (The only place I can find this product in our area is at Krogers). Mix all together and use 1 tbsp. per load of laundry. If I have a big load I use 2 tbsp. Hope this will help you. (05/30/2006)

By cakelady (Guest Post)

Low Sudsing Laundry Detergent Recipe

I do as reva said; 1/2 the amount of regular detergent works fine. All has a new "3x concentrated laundry detergent" that uses 1 oz. per load, which is 32 loads per bottle. I cut that amount in 1/2 and get 64 loads of very clean clothes per quart bottle. Talk about savings! Besides the savings on detergent, the front load machines use a lot less water, too; about 8 gallons per load as opposed to more than twice that amount for a top load machine. (06/08/2006)

By Leslie