Making A Patriotic Flag With Left Over Wood
Salvage a piece of scrap wood to create your own patriotic flag yard decoration for your garden or entryway. You will need paint, a brush, painter's tape, and an optional hanger.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
We do a lot of projects using wood. We do not waste even the smallest pieces. For this project I wanted to make a patriotic flag for my porch. This is a simple project and can be used year around. Here is how!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 piece wood
- spray paint - optional
- craft paints
- painter's tape
- paint brushes
- piece of cord for hanging or securing to the wall
- embellishments, such as ribbon (optional)
- You can use natural wood or spray paint base color and allow to dry.
- With painters tape, tape off your sections to make a flag.
- Using craft paints, fill in with red and blue paint and allow to dry. Remove tape.
- Add painted stars.
- Attach a piece of cord to the top with glue for hanging, optional.
- Add other optional embellishments. I tied a bit of ribbon around the cord.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.