Making Beef and Spinach Lasagna
This lasagna dish starts with a layer of creamy sauce that is then topped with layers of spinach, cheese, and ground beef. The complete recipe follows. Make some today and save some for later.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Lasagna is one of my favorite foods to eat. It is perfect to make when you have a busy week ahead. You can refrigerate cooked lasagna for up to 5 days, and it is easy to re-heat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings (more/less depending on portion size per person)
- 16 oz lasagna noodles
- 1 jar (24oz) olive oil, basil & garlic pasta sauce
- 16 oz fresh mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- Dash of black pepper/salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach
- Over medium heat melt butter in a pot. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Then slowly add your milk until sauce is creamy, thick and smooth. This process takes about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Afterwards, add jarred pasta sauce to milk mixture and stir together and set aside for later use.
- Dash of salt/pepper on your ground beef. Heat olive oil and brown meat. Remove from heat and drain fat. Allow meat to cool.
- Follow boiling instructions for your lasagna pasta.
- Mix ricotta cheese, eggs and dash of black pepper.
- Bottom of my baking glass pan, layer of sauce.
- Line lasagna pasta down.
- Ricotta egg mixture.
- Chopped spinach, followed by lasagna pasta and ground beef.
- Add fresh mozzarella slices and drizzle more sauce.
- Final layer of lasagna pasta, sauce and remaining fresh mozzarella pieces.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. Place foil on top and bake for about 30 minutes (top will be bubbling). Remove foil cover and bake for additional 15 minutes, or until ready.