Making Chicken Hearts
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
September 13, 2018
Chicken hearts may not sound appealing, but it is really healthy and packed with lots of vitamins and nutrients. Chicken hearts should be eaten in moderation as it is high in cholesterol. This is a quick and easy way to prepare chicken hearts. Pairs deliciously with rice or in rice porridge.
Prep Time: 5 minutes + marinate time
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 3-4 people depending how served
- 1 lb organic chicken hearts
- garlic powder
- 1 small chunk ginger
- 2 stems green onion
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- N'orleans Cajun Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Prep ingredients; mince garlic cloves, chop green onions and slice ginger.
- Marinate chicken heart with your choice of seasoning. I used dash of N'orleans Cajun, cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Allow to marinate before cooking.
- Over medium high heat sauté chicken hearts for 5 minutes or until cooked to your desire.
- Optional: I baked in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
*This was my first attempt. Cooking time varies depending on your preference but at least internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
**I was able to find organic chicken hearts at my local Whole Foods. It is not often I see chicken hearts so it could be random.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.