Making Chimichurri Sauce
This herby sauce is less spicy than traditional chimichurri sauce and is perfect for dipping or as a marinade. Give it a try the next time you are preparing chicken.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is an inspired and kid friendly version of chimichurri sauce. Typical chimichurri includes some sort of pepper like chili, red, green, or your choice of peppers. This is typically not made with a food processor. Ingredients are usually chopped but this is a kid friendly method, and also time efficient!
What's awesome about this sauce is that it is very versatile. You can serve as a dip, side sauce or as a marinade (like I did for my baked chicken).
Total Time: 5-7 minutes
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Prep ingredients. Chop white onion and smash garlic. Wash cilantro and parsley.
- In food processor, blend white onions.
- Add garlic, blend.
- Add red wine vinegar, then cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Blend.
- Add olive oil and blend.
- This can be used as a dip, sauce or marinate.
- I used this sauce to marinate chicken.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.