Making Denim Dinosaurs
These cute dinosaurs are made from denim scraps. Learn how on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Stuffed denim shelf dinosaurs for room accents.
Approximate Time: 7 days
- denim scraps
- sewing needles
- 8" needle
- sewing machine
- polyfill for stuffing
- eyelet ruffle lace
- crochet cotton
- fabric marking pen
- fishing line
- buttons for eyes
- Freehand draw or trace dinosaur pictures from a coloring book. Enlarge by hand, if desired.
- Trace and cut dinosaur body, head, and leg pieces onto denim and cut out. I had an old pattern, so I used that.
- Sew, clip curves, and stuff.
- Sew the legs and wings onto the dinosaurs with sturdy fishing line or crochet cotton.
- Use buttons to secure the legs.
- Sew buttons on for eyes.
- Be sure to add embellishments like the lace, ruffles, etc. as desired.
- For the Pterodactyl wings, use batting to give it some dimension and hand quilt if desired.
This project is for intermediate sewing.
By Monica from Cortez, CO
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.