Making Denim Dinosaurs
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 297 Posts
May 23, 2011
Stuffed denim shelf dinosaurs for room accents.
Approximate Time: 7 days
- denim scraps
- sewing needles
- 8" needle
- sewing machine
- polyfill for stuffing
- eyelet ruffle lace
- crochet cotton
- fabric marking pen
- fishing line
- buttons for eyes
- Freehand draw or trace dinosaur pictures from a coloring book. Enlarge by hand, if desired.
- Trace and cut dinosaur body, head, and leg pieces onto denim and cut out. I had an old pattern, so I used that.
- Sew, clip curves, and stuff.
- Sew the legs and wings onto the dinosaurs with sturdy fishing line or crochet cotton.
- Use buttons to secure the legs.
- Sew buttons on for eyes.
- Be sure to add embellishments like the lace, ruffles, etc. as desired.
- For the Pterodactyl wings, use batting to give it some dimension and hand quilt if desired.
This project is for intermediate sewing.
By Monica from Cortez, CO
May 23, 20110 found this helpful
Super cute. Yay!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.