Making Fake Snow

I read somewhere about using joint compound for "fake snow".Does anyone have info on this.This stuff you buy is so expensive. And I use a lot of it. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks,
Anita from Pritchett, TX

Answers:

Making Fake Snow

I don't know what you are using the fake snow for so this may not work for you; I used the canned spray foam insulation for what I needed and then painted it with white craft paint. I was able to form what looked like snowdrifts and the foam expands as you spray it. This was for a permanent craft so I wouldn't recommend it for something temporary. (12/01/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Making Fake Snow

I've heard that you'd make it up a bit thinner than usual and use electric beaters to "whip" it up. (12/01/2006)

By Cyinda

Making Fake Snow

If you go to www.google.com and type in... "using joint compound for fake snow" there will be all kinds of ideas. I have seen it used just to coat styrofoam balls in to make them look textured. I hope this helps. (12/01/2006)

By Michele