Making Floral Patriotic Wall Hangings from Serving Trays
Red, white, and blue plastic divided serving trays, buttons, and some scrap yarn can be worked up into some fun floral patriotic wall hangings. It just takes some time and imagination, and a bit of crochet skill, but not a lot of money.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
With a bit of work and about 2 hours, you can have this fun project in your home. It's all very easy and you can customize them to your own liking.
Total Time: 2 hours
- 3 Dollar Tree plastic divided serving trays ($3.00)
- 1 hot glue gun ($ 0.00)
- 1 size I crochet hook ($0.00)
- 1 cup red, white, and blue buttons ($ 0.00)
- 2 oz scraps of red, white, and blue yarns ($ 0.00)
- With a heated glue gun tip, make a small hole in the very center of each plate. This will give you the ability to hang them.
- With your glue gun, glue on the buttons for the "petals" using the opposite colors from the plate. So for your blue plate, you use the red and white buttons, etc.
- With your hook and yarn, chain 2 and make 9 singles in the 1st chain, then join.
- Chain 1 and make 2 singles in each of the stitches in the back loop for 18 then join. Chain 1 and make 1 single in the first stitch, then 2 singles in the next stitch around for 27. Break off and work in or tie the two tails together in the back.
- For each of the three centers, join with an insert to the 2nd row and a slip stitch to the top, then chain 3. This is the beginning of your first petal. Make 2 double crochets in the 1st of the 3 chains and skipping 2 on the rounded center, slip stitch in the 3rd. Do this around for 9 petals. Join and break off, working in or tying the ties in the back. No one will see them so you can also leave them alone as long as they are less than 1". The color of each inner flower should match the colors of the buttons, not the plate itself.
- With your hot glue, attach the first petal, then the second, and the rest making sure they are placed in the center and are even.
- Your patriotic plate is ready to hang. I simply peered inside and aligned the nail with the tiny hole and hung it on the outside wall of my balcony.
- NOTE: This craft is not for outdoor use. I displayed it as such for show. It will be best inside, or under a shaded overhang or on a covered porch. The plastic and the glue would not stay true in the heat or the rain.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.