Making Hedgehog Cupcakes
Make these sweet little hedgehog cupcakes for a special occasion or family treat. This is a guide about making hedgehog cupcakes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I made these adorable cupcakes for my mom's birthday!
- cupcakes (prepared according to package)
- buttercream, divided
- gel food colors (brown and black)
- piping bags
- couplers, optional
- Wilton grass tip
- Wilton round #5 tip
- Wilton Mini Rainbow Daisies
- Divided icing in half, then remove a small amount from one bowl for the black icing. Now make one half medium brown and the other half light brown, using varying amounts of brown gel food color. Use black gel food color to make black icing for the eyes and nose.
- Frost the cupcakes with the light brown icing.
- Fill a piping bag with the medium brown icing and attach the grass tip. Start by making the "v" shape on its head, then continue adding spines to create an "m" shape to define its face. Finish by filling in the top of the cupcake as shown below.
- Fill a piping bag with the black icing and attach the round tip. Make the eyes and nose.
- Add a candy flower.
- Finish decorating the other cupcakes.
October 4, 20161 found this helpful
These cute hedgehog cupcakes are perfect for a party or school event. Learn how to make them in this short video.