Making Homemade Sidewalk Chalk
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 124 Posts
Make your own sidewalk chalk.
What you need:
- approximately five empty egg shells
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon very hot water
- food coloring (for colored chalk)
- Wash and dry the egg shells.
- Crush the egg shell into a bowl and grind it until it is a powder. Make sure all the pieces are ground. Take out any big pieces before going on to the next step.
- Mix the flour and hot water in another bowl.
- Then add 1 tablespoon egg shell powder and mix into a thick paste.
- Add your favorite color food coloring. Just add a drop or two for colored chalk. If you want white chalk do not add anything.
- Shape the paste into chalk sticks or press into soap molds for fun shapes. If making chalk sticks roll the sticks up tightly in a paper towel.
- Let your chalk dry for 3 days.
Source: I found this on a thrifty site, but I can't tell you the name (I visit so many!)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.