Making Peony Scented Water
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
June 26, 2016
I love my peonies, both their scent and visual beauty. They are so large and aromatic! I decided to save their scent for future days to enjoy! By putting spent petals in warm water and heating, you will release their lovely scent into the water. You can then use it as a face splash or room refreshener for months to come!
Total Time: 1/2 hour
Yield: 4 cups
- peony flowers
- Pyrex bowl - optional, to help keep the petals submerged
- large pot
- Pull the petals off spent peony flower heads.
- Place in a pot (mine was a pot with a strainer insert).
- Cover the petals with water. I placed a heat proof Pyrex bowl on top of the petals to submerge them.
- GENTLY heat the water on the stove for 20 minutes. Don't boil the water.
- Remove from the stove and let cool to room temperature.
- Strain out the petals.
- Add your scented water to spritz containers or bowls and enjoy around the house, in bathrooms, and even as a cool fragrant spritzer!
June 20, 20220 found this helpful
Could I use this water in my diffuser?
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.