Making Sub-irrigated Planters
This is my original concept. It is perfect for growing smaller garden plants like lettuce, etc. I hope you like it.
- 105 ct. Clorox Wipes container
- 32 oz. Dannon yogurt container (not Greek yogurt)
- polyester round shoelace cut to 11 inches in length
- potting mix
- Remove Clorox Wipes label and thoroughly wash container.
- Poke or melt several holes into top rim for container aeration.
- Clean Dannon Yogurt container and drill or melt 2 x 1/4 inch holes into base.
- Cut polyester shoe lace to 11 inches in length.
- Pull lace through holes in yogurt container so that both ends hang down.
- Poke or melt several holes into yogurt container for root aeration.
- Fill yogurt container with slightly moistened potting mix.
- Add 3 cups of water to wipes container.
- Place yogurt container into wipes container.
I am currently growing spinach, mustard, arugula and 2 types of lettuce. It's working great. I water very infrequently. I recycled 18 containers thus far!
By Al Gracian III from Pittsburgh, PA
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.