Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
Rather than pinning their pattern pieces to the fabric some crafters prefer to use pattern weights. This is a page about making yo yo pattern weights
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
If you prefer to use pattern weights, instead of pinning, these yo yo pattern weights are an easy and fun option. They are also a great way to use up scrap fabric.
- 120 mm yo yo template (4 3/4" circle)
- 2 heavy washers (2" x 1/4")
- Create and cut out a template from thin cardboard. Trace around template onto wrong side of fabric.
- Cut out fabric circle. Stitch a running stitch, turning under 1/4" along the edge, as you go around the circle. (Click here for instructions to make a fabric yo yo, if necessary.)
- Before you cinch up the yo yo, place the 2 washers into the center. Then gently pull the two ends of the thread to close the yo yo around the washers. Tie off the threads and snip of the ends.
- Make more and you will have a colorful set of pattern weights for your next project!
- Tip: If you can't find the exact size washers that I used you may need to calculate the size of the yo yo template required. To do this stack your washers and measure from the center of the washer hole at the top, around and back to the center. Add 1/2" (for seam allowance) and that is how big your yo yo template needs to be.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.