Making a Child's Paper Plate Shoulder Bag
Paper plates are a staple supply for making kid crafts. This is a guide about making a child's paper plate shoulder bag
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a simple and fun craft for children to join in with. If you are using child safe glue it will probably take a while to stick, so you might want to do that bit for them with something stronger. Otherwise your kids can have hours of rainy day fun making these cute bags.
- 1 deep paper plate or bowl
- ribbon and embellishments of your choice
- paints, crayons, or felt tips to colour with
- hole punch
- Cut your plate in half.
- Straighten out any curvature at the edges to make sticking easier.
- Apply glue and stick the 2 halves together.
- Don't worry if you didn't cut it exactly in half because you can now trim off any excess.
- Colour with paints, crayons, or felt tips.
- Punch holes for the strap.
- Apply a ribbon trim with glue.
- Use ribbon for the shoulder strap.
- Add some pretty embellishments using glue if necessary.
- Allow time for the glue to dry thoroughly.
- Fill your bag.
March 27, 20160 found this helpful
How creative! I'm going to do this ;)
March 28, 20160 found this helpful
Very cute! I saw a version of this with staples, but this version is much safer. Lucky little girl who gets this one!
In This Guide