Making a Crab from a Scallop Shell
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 5, 2019
I like to buy scallop appetizers at the seafood shop. They come in these beautiful shells, so I clean them and keep them for crafts. I've made a little red crab with one of them here. It's pretty easy to do and looks so cute. You can add a magnet to the back and put it on your fridge, if you like!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 crab
- 1 scallop shell
- red acrylic paint
- 3 long red pipe cleaners
- hot glue gun with glue
- 2 small confetti rounds or googly eyes
- Paint the shell red and allow to fully dry.
- Cut 2 of the pipe cleaners into quarters, and 1 of them in half.
- To make its walking legs, hot glue the shorter pieces of pipe cleaner on the back side of the shell. Bend the ends a bit.
- To make the crab claws, bend the end of a longer pipe cleaner into an M shape, then move the first section under the first diagonal.
- Now move the long stem under the second diagonal. It will look like the letter Y. Repeat with the other pipe cleaner.
- Glue the claws to the top of the back of the shell.
- Glue on the little eyes.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.