Making a Fabric Tote

Category Sewing
Homemade totes or carryalls are great gifts as well as a useful project to make for your own personal use. This is a page about making a fabric tote.

It is going to be a home made Christmas and this year I am making tote bags. I have purchased very little fabric and have been lucky enough to have gotten a lot of free fabric from others who are recycling. I did not want to purchase or even waste double the amount of fabric in order to line the bags so I have been lining the totes with my old clothes, sheets and pillowcases. Pillowcases are great because there is not much sewing involved.

By Amy from Long Branch, NJ

I would like a pattern, step by step, of the Jordy Bag.

Thanks.
Joangel from Peoria, AZ

Answers

I FOUND A PATTERN AND INSTRUCTIONS ON www.craftster.org/.../index.php?topic=32204

I HOPE THIS WILLL HELP YOU . SEAMSTRESS

The Jordy Bag originated on www.craftster.org.
There are all kinds of instructions and examples of other peoples various modifications to the bag. If you haven't been to Craftster, you better check it out!

Once your tote bag is made the last step it to craft the handles. For some crafts this step can be more difficult. This is a page about making tote bag handles.

Tote Bag Handles

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Some items are too heavy or bulky to easily carry. With some strong fabric such as heavy denim you can make a useful tote. This is a page about DIY handy tote.

Tote being used to carry twigs.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about no sew carry all. Use your craft glue, surplus fabric and supplies to create a cute purse for a young friend.

Tote bag with fuzzy strap.

Crafts SewingMay 14, 2013
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-a-Fabric-Tote.html